Happy National Oatmeal Cookie Day! Oatmeal cookies have been around since the late 1800’s. The sweet treat evolved from savory oatcakes which date back to the Middle Ages, according to Punchbowl. Oatmeal cookies are considered among the healthier cookies, in part because oats are rich in both fiber and iron.
To celebrate the occasion, here are oatmeal cookie recipes of all different kinds to suit all tastes. Note: I’ve seen a few different sources claiming that April 30th is National Oatmeal Cookie Day and others claiming that it falls on March 18. I say, celebrate whenever you like, and these oatmeal cookie recipes should help you do just that.
* Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies from ThePioneerWoman.com
* The Best Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Cookies from Food.com
* Almond Joy Oatmeal Cookies from AmysHealthyBaking.com
* Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from QuakerOats.com
* White Chocolate, Oatmeal, and Blueberry Cookies from Home-Everyday.com
* Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies from CrazyforCrust.com
* Nutella Oatmeal Cookies from TheKitchenthusiast.com
* Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from SallysBakingAddiction.com
* Oatmeal Craisin Cookies from SixSistersStuff.com
* Thick, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies from SmittenKitchen.com
* Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies from Williams-Sonoma.com
* Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie from Momables.com
* Beth’s Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from AllRecipes.com
* Ginger Oatmeal Cookies from CooksIllustrated.com
* The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Ever from SavorySweetLife.com
Bonus recipes (because 17 is better than 15):
* Microwave oatmeal cookie from LivingWellKitchen.com
* Oatmeal Energy Clusters from MyCrazyGoodLife.com
So many great variations on such a yummy theme. Which kind of oatmeal cookie recipe is your favorite? Please share in the comments below.
I hope you get a chance to whip up a batch, pour a tall glass of milk and make this National Oatmeal Cookie Day a very happy one!
You May Also Like: Round up of raspberry recipes
Please like Mom Factually on Facebook.