The Office is a huge hit with teens, and most are big fans. Star John Kransinski yesterday released a YouTube video show called Some Good News. It’s 15 minutes long, and I feel pretty confident saying that watching it together is the best 15 minutes you can spend with your teen. You can see it here and get my ten reasons why it’s great below:
Here are ten reasons why Some Good News with John Krasinski is awesome:
1. We all need to good news right now. It was wonderfully reassuring for both me and my teen.
2. Not to ruin it – but Steve Carrell! Office fans rejoice!
3. In their conversation, John and Steve discuss that one reason the show was so fun is because the cast was so supportive of each other and allowed each other to shine.
4. The other guest that he has is a teen named Coco who just finished chemo. She offers a great explanation for why staying home right now is so important, and I think hearing it from a teen is particularly powerful.
5. There’s a lot of gratitude here in a way that’s really lovely.
6. My teen says it’s a good mix of laughs and heartwarming feels. Laughter is so needed right now.
7. It reminds us that it’s okay to cry, whether because of joy or sadness or just feeling deeply.
8. The examples of good news remind us that we can all make a difference and that small acts can have a big impact.
9. Krasinski’s Boston accent makes an appearance.
10. It celebrates the human spirit.
As an added bonus, it may have you and your kids on the look out for some good news of your own to share for future episodes, and that’s awesome, too.
There are a lot of great conversations that can start here but if you just watch, laugh and feel together, that’s a great way to connect. And connecting is a great way to spend 15 minutes with your teen.
You May Also Like: 12 Fun family games to play with teens and tweens
Don’t miss a post! Please subscribe to Between Us Parents’ safe, spam-free email list in the box in the top right corner of the page!